sreda, 28. oktober 2015

linear PSU - custom made PCBs no. 1

When I started working with electronics, there was a nice little PCB in TT shop, which handled the power supply for the TT pedals, made with 7812 linear regulator. But later I needed more than 1A, which is the limit for that IC, so I started looking around. When working on G5 project, I came across Micrel 29502, a LDO linear regulator with very simple other component requrements, knowing also about 1084 and Lm317 ICs. I wanted to make a simple PCB, which will be useful for all those ICs. Work was much easier, becouse with PSU design there is not so much to worry about the parasitics and similar. Still it was quite a challenge to design it in a way suitable for all different pinouts (roughly speaking, 29502 and 78xx class are compatible, and 317 and 108x are the same) - now the pcb is designed in such a way that first two go on one side, and second two on the other - with all other components of course. The other pin alignment task is made through "the cross" - how to connect is figured out from the application section of the IC datasheet. Both axial and SMD diodes can be used. The design lacks the fixing holes (I counted PCB to be fixed through the IC tab and main cap) - if there is a new version, I am probably including them.

//
write me for the gerber files or made boards

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar