sreda, 28. oktober 2015

universal tube preamp PCB - custom PCBs no. 2

When I was looking at different schematics of the tube amps, I noticed there are not much variations in the design, so I thought to myself, why not design a PCB which suits them all. This is the result. I already used two of the boards and they are quite well manageable. Lower portion of the board, made for the tone stack, proved incredibly practical, but requires some planning ahead. There is a mistake with the orientation of the main power cap. It would have been better if the DC and GND rails would be just opposite - DC on top and GND down there - so GND is closer to tone stack and the jacks. The holes for the screws should be closer to the tube socket. Maybe it would be better to make seprate board for around the socket (with  solder lugs - so with a hole and screw places, also for the shield) and separate for the tone stack.

//
write me for the gerber files or made boards

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar